Deviant since Jun 12, 2005 | Premium Member until Jul 16, 2015
In shadows growing wings
This is the place where you can personalize your profile!
By moving, adding and personalizing widgets.
You can drag and drop to rearrange.
You can edit widgets to customize them.
The bottom has widgets you can add!
Some widgets you can only access when you get a premium membership.
Some widgets have options that are only available when you get a premium membership.
We've split the page into zones!
Certain widgets can only be added to certain zones.
"Why," you ask? Because we want profile pages to have freedom of customization, but also to have some consistency. This way, when anyone visits a deviant, they know they can always find the art in the top left, and personal info in the top right.
Don't forget, restraints can bring out the creativity in you!
Now go forth and astound us all with your devious profiles!
Before we get down to business with my traditional end of the year survey, I want to recommend you Mibu-no-ookami's work. She does the best kawaii versions of pop/geek icons. I got this lovely Thorki design in a t-shirt and I'm a happy customer! Please check her gallery and store.
You'll not regret it!
END OF THE YEAR SURVEY - 2013 EDITION
1. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before? I joined a choral group. I played an organ. I opened a blog. I learned how to drive. I did amigurumi.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? For 2013 I want to keep on with my photography and to draw more, especially in digital medium -> Well, I've been doing lots of digital photography (yay! ), but little digital drawing (meh! ). At least, this year I decided to shoot all manual. For the next year I want to keep improving in my photography, drawing, musical and archive keeper skills.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes. My best friend's sister Raquel.
4. Did anyone close to you die? My carnivorous plant Jeffrey.
5. What countries did you visit? No abroad journeys this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? A paid job.
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? San Sebastián trip; Descending the Sella by canoe with my friends; Babysitting Cris's cat with Andrea, ACNIL's third convention, June in León, enjoying LUL, Lancia, Astorga's roman vs asturs festivities and recording an episode of "Archeologist for a day" for the History Channel; evening in Quintanadueñas; the fair of community participation; singing Handel's Messiah with Andreas Spering in the Fórum; and all the evenings playing board games, and the party nights, with the great people of ACNIL
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Passing the driver's licence without renewing anything. Being persevering with my photography.
9. What was your biggest failure? Falling into apathy.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Just some big bruises.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My new glasses. Wii U.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? Tom Hiddleston's.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? I made myself sad.
14. Where did most of your money go? Traveling.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Tom Hiddleston.
16. What songs will always remind you of 2013? 1% of monster by Mogwai
Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
Scared of the Police by Reuben
Something I can never have by NIN
I Love You by Woodkid
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: i. happier or sadder? sadder. ii. thinner or fatter? fatter. iii. richer or poorer? poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Studing. Drawing.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Sleeping. Self-pity.
20. How did you spend Christmas? At home, playing cards with my family.
21. How did you spend New Years? At home, playing cards with my family. Then my best friends came to wish me a happy new year.
22. Did you fall in love in 2013? Still in love with Tom Hiddleston. Serious business.
23. How many one night stands? I don't do that kind of things, kids. I'm pretty... rancid.
24. What were your favourite TV programmes? Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey, The Big Bang Theory, 2 Broke Girls, The Borgias, Isabel, Gran Hotel.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I don't hate people. I love all the people. I love some of them close, some of them far, far away.
26. What was the best book you read? The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins, and Ghost World by Daniel Clowes. I also read lots of fanfics and some webcomics.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Mogwai.
28. What did you want and get? The chance to play an organ.
29. What did you want and not get? A BBK ticket to see Biffy Clyro, Billy Talent and Depeche Mode.
30. What was your favourite film of this year? The World's End, Pacific Rim.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I had a quiet birthday with my family and a few close friends. I'm 27.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Discipline. A purpose.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013? Urban mourning.
34. What kept you sane? Music, series, loved ones.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Tom Hiddleston.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? Everything about politics was unbelievably shitty.
37. Who did you miss? My grandfather.
38. Who was the best new person you met? Javi, Diego, Virginia, Cristina, César.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013: The opposite of depression is not happiness but vitality.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: Scared of the Police by Reuben.
And I'm scared of, the police I'm scared of violence
I'm scared of handcuffs, and truncheons I'm just too scared
So pack your bags, we're going home This place is starting to stink I've been standing around, for far too long My feet are starting to sink in
And I'm scared of becoming A statue, a monolith And not changing, ever It's not healthy, and I'm just Scared of it
And I am...
I'm scared of your anger And I don't know what causes it And you know that it hurts me But I like you.
In shadows growing wings
Artist | Hobbyist | Traditional Art
"This was the shocking thing; that the slime of the pit seemed to utter cries and voices; that the amorphous dust gesticulated and sinned; that what was dead, and had no shape, should usurp the offices of life. And this again, that that insurgent horror was knit to him closer than a wife, closer than a eye; lay caged in his flesh, where he heard it mutter and felt it struggle to be born; and at every hour of weakness, and in the confidences of slumber, prevailed against him, and deposed him out of life."